Thursday 31 January 2013

Umrah and little ones

Tips given from the Facebook page by mothers on going on Umrah with their little ones;



  • Haseena Majid u get medication for travelling... u dont need alot of clothes, its so hot vrything dries within a couple hours. apram is convenient for airports and shopping, not sure if its allowed in the haram. if u getn a place with a stove then u can meals there for her if not ul have to make it and freeze. as for nappies and medication u get vrything there so i wudnt really over pack. milk might be an issue if shes on formula. so if u goin for 2weeks take 7sets of clothing n 3 pjs i wud do that
    26 April at 14:13 · Like
  • Nurie Kafaar I would suggest to think of how many outfits he usually wears on a daily basis and then times that by the amount od days you shall be done. Pjs can be worn twice a night. Pack any meds you know works well for baby (for flu, fever,cough, insect bites etc). You have to also think about it being hot over there and the chill evenings regarding clothing. No pram I would say needed, maybe try and get a harness where you can carry baby on ur back or front (for u or hubby). Find out about the malaria shot and other shots that you will be taking before you leave and ask doc about what baby needs to get- they will know. Take some toys/books that you know keeps baby entertained for the plane ride and for other days when she will get bored. Try and make also make her use to some noise NOW as in a different country there is no control really. Goodluck and wassalaam.
    26 April at 14:13 · Like

  • Rugshana Hendricks Levy aslm....my son was the same age wen we went in 2010...nappies u can buy thr if u run out...even clothes ect...pack like u'D NORMALLY pack for a holiday...u can wash the small things like bibs n vests with yr hands if necessary n thrs laundramats....a pram can u use easily in Madinah'S Haram but not Makkah....they dnt allow pram in ....
    26 April at 14:14 · Like ·
  • The Pregnant Muslimah She's breastfed, so formula is one worry off my head. We're going for 3 weeks in sha Allah!
    26 April at 14:15 via Mobile · Like · 1

  • Rugshana Hendricks Levy we took turns carrying our one esp in the Saai n tawaafs....as for plane make 2 bottles n make sure hes drinking on takeoff n landing...other than that TAWAKKAL ALLAH....n umrah maqbool to u n yr fam inshaallah ameen
    26 April at 14:17 · Like

  • Raeesa Aboobaker Ask for da 'cot seats' at da front of da plane, den u won't hav to carry baby, she can sleep in da cot
    26 April at 14:42 · Like

  • Zeenat Omar Mahomed I soo wana go bt was told by 2dif reputed paeds nt to travel with baby befr a yr!!he 5months n hubby wana go to uk in june he will be 7months..dnt knw whether to take him or leave him by mum!!
    26 April at 14:53 via Mobile · Like


  • Fatima Bulbulia Aslm- Excited & overjoyed :) . Alhamdulilah I travelled with my lg last year the same time , she was then 9 months. Pack clothes & pj's as you would usually dress your little one *take into consideration the climate change there* pack a little extra clothes, pj"s & vests *in the even of unforseen circumstances* & comfy shoes , my lg was already walking . I purchased disposable bips & changing-mats& linen savers , so no need to wash :) all the spillages. Nappies then & now last me just a little over 2wks. So 1 jumbo pampers pack covered our 19 night stay . If your child is currently on any medication which has to be given all the time take it with , if not , then carry your usual syrups for fever & pain . I took then Calpol, Allergex, Zyrtec , saline drops, tee-jel & empaped *for extreme high fever* n
    ot forgotting ear-drops for flying . Cosmetics as usual for daily needs. A few favourite toys . I took a Kango & Peg with, the kango was easy for tawaaf , as prams are not allowed in *except for those who sneak it in :)* but we used the pram @ airport & shopping around. Safa-marwa , she walked , not all 7 though :) . Some snacks & solid food *depending what & how you feeding your little 1* . Whether flying direct or via another country , pack an over-night bag / nappy-bag with 2 outfits. Bip, changing mat , face-cloth,
    wet-wipes, basic cosmetics, blanket, the few toys, snacks & food for that time. Saudi airlines provided a babyfood-pack , it was very essential although I packed my own. Ear Drops don't forget , suckling/sucking also works. I tried my best hope I covered most of it :). Another tip *dont carry too many wet-wipes , as it dries when you flying , so take a few & purchase some there. When you check in at the airport , ask for a bassinet for your little 1. You allowed to use your pram right to the entrance or the plane , you'll be asked to leave it there. On arrival @ your destination , your pram will be waiting for you again @ the entrance of the plane. Mums with babies usually get 1st preference *its the best time to travel;)*. Umrah-maqbool insha-allah . Travel safely, take it as it comes , don't stress. Remember the ummah in your duas :) ... Make dua for my family & I , we leaving soon insha-allah & yes with my lg * 21 months now*
    26 April at 15:01 via Mobile · Like · 2

  • Fatima Bulbulia With regards to the meningitis & yellow fever , I was advised by the paed & mid-wife not to administer any of the two , last year aswell as this year . They prefer giving it after 2yrs of age. You could just carry the vaccine card in the event you need it. Sister, I'm no expert , if you need any more info , kindly inbox me , I wouldn't mind sharing :)
    26 April at 15:12 via Mobile · Like

  • Shabana Kauchali Taleb Not without a baby wrap sister! :-) Prams will not be allowed in certain places and you'll need your 2 hands. It also keeps baby protected infront from stampedes or pushers. Add me as a friend (if you havnt already) and you can view the versatility of the wrap on my album. May Allah grant you a safe and peaceful journey and accept all your prayers and ibadah.
    26 April at 15:15 via Mobile · Like

  • Humera Arshad Vaccinations
    26 April at 15:39 via Mobile · Like

  • Tasneem Murchie Parak Slms,prams are not allowed in the makkah haram for tawaaf,but for saee we got a wheelchair(tats if baby sitting up) and I use a scarf as a "seatbelt".inbox me if u need more details.
    26 April at 16:17 via Mobile · Like

  • Zohra Haffejee Amod Please take a chain and lock for your pram when you leave it outside the haram,I know of 3 people who's prams were stolen! Don't take a big pram,a lightweight stroller is fine.I took my baby when he was 6 months,alhamdulillah no problems and no need for vaccines.
    26 April at 16:48 via Mobile · Like · 1

  • Taahira Osman-Latib Slmz, we jst came back 2 weeks ago. I went with my 3 month lb n 21 month lg. Dont pack too much clothes it was quite hot my lb was most of the time in jst a vest n if u wash their clothes out it dries very quickly, we were fortunate in medina we had a washing machine. Nappies n formula u get there, jst take sufficient wet wipes of the brand u prefer, I travelled with bumbies n they stayed perfectly moist. Take ur general medication but don't stress their pharmacies do have, for instance my lb never suffered with colic but while we were there he suffered with cramps n I got for him their version of buscopan from the pharmacy. If ur lg is mobile plz get a harness wen u reading salaah u can't really watch them, that was the one thing I really used. Plz take ur pram u can't use it in the haraams but u need it in the airports, walking to the haraam n back n if u go shopping, we left our prams at the door sometimes with the napkin bag n shukr everything was fine. In medina it was very full in the ladies with children section so most of the time we read outside so be prepared. In makkah upstairs there was sufficient space my lg loved the space to run around. Take snacks n things for ur lg from here, u don't get flings n things like that there. But for u guys don't take alot, I took n we never ate we rather tried out watever they had. Wen making tawaaf try n alternate, kids get crabby sitting in one position, best time for us was after esha. In medina wen going to make salaam leave lg with dad it gets hectic. If u need to know anything else inbox me. Enjoy every minute of it! Wish I was u!
    26 April at 17:17 via Mobile · Like

  • Hawa Mitha salaams u can inbox me if u need any info
    26 April at 17:41 · Like


  • The Pregnant Muslimah subhanallah :) this is why I love this page. You ladies have told me everything I wanted know + more! Jazakallahu khairan! I'll be making duaa for all of you! In sha Allah, you all will be going back to haramain shareefain soon! Aameen!
    Friday at 10:33 via Mobile · Like

  • Fatima Jada ‎@PM,u heard it all from the ladies...just make alot of duah for us and give me a ring if u need anything insha allah.Enjoy ur stay and take it in the stride.May Allah make it easy for u....I just invested in a harness to strap aasiya in recently because she is all over and at salaah, i cant always ensure she is near me.
    Saturday at 18:37 · Like


  • Afshan Sadia plz don't worry abt food,clothin nd ,medicines everything is available here.n very cheap too. There r Bin Dawood supermarkets very close to Haram in both the holy cities. So don't take tensions. Hope u will hav a safe journey.
    Saturday at 22:47 via Mobile · Like · 1

  • Fahima Mayet Hoosen Enjoy!! And pls make lots of dua that we all get to go to the blessed land soon!!!
    Yesterday at 14:21 via Mobile · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment